B&C Consortia Management Seeks Consortium Manager
B&C® Consortia Management, L.L.C. (BCCM) is seeking a Consortium Manager (Manager) to provide operational, administrative, financial, and communication strategy and support to assigned BCCM consortia clients. The Manager reports to the BCCM Senior Manager. This position will be directed from our Washington, D.C., office with flexible telework arrangements available, including full time remote option.
Overview of Requirements
The successful candidate will be an experienced project manager with proven success bringing complex projects with multiple stakeholders to completion on time and within budget. The candidate will have worked in a relevant field such as association management or consortium management or as a project manager at an industrial or consumer products company or trade association. The successful candidate will have excellent written communication skills; familiarity with technical, scientific, and legal terminology; and will be comfortable adhering to precise style and formatting guidelines for written communication, including e-mails. The candidate must demonstrate strong evidence of intrinsic motivation to learn, advance, and exceed management and client expectations.
- Administrative Management Support
- Participate in all consortia meetings, conference calls, webinars, and other events
- Provide antitrust counsel for consortia meetings, conference calls, webinars, and other events
- Prepare and maintain BCCM consortia Bylaws
- Coordinate availability and schedule consortia conference calls, meetings, webinars, and other events
- Prepare agendas and minutes for all meetings and conference calls
- Engage with members on development of strategic plans
- Conduct all recordkeeping duties according to BCCM record retention policy
- Assist with membership recruitment and promotional activities
- Maintain consortia membership e-mail lists, including rosters for consortia committees
- Track status of consortia action items and ensure timely completion for same
- Financial Management Support
- Assist consortia members in developing annual budgets, including consideration of cost-sharing mechanisms and monitoring expenses against budget
- Maintain consortia budgets
- Prepare consortia financial statements as requested
- Assist with invoicing consortia members for annual membership dues, other fees, disbursements, special assessments, and/or other expenses
- Set up contracts, as requested, for third-party work and manage expenses against authorized statements of work
- Work with Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) accountants to ensure tax filings with all relevant jurisdictions are completed properly and timely
- Communications/Advocacy/Research Management Support
- Research and track significant regulatory, scientific, and legal issues pertinent to the consortium’s needs and long-term goals, and alert consortia membership promptly of relevant developments
- Set up and maintain Internet alerts on chemicals or issues of concern for consortia and highlight same to membership in a timely manner
- As requested, design and maintain public and private websites, ensuring information is up to date and relevant
- As requested, collect and amalgamate competitively sensitive information for advocacy purposes
- As requested, develop professional brochures, advertising, promotional, and other informational materials (e.g., position statements, best practice guides)
- Coordinate with B&C and The Acta Group staff to provide scientific, legal, and regulatory support to consortia members
- Prepare regulatory submissions
- Develop product defense strategies, including draft press releases and related documents, formulate responses to media and other inquiries, and prepare question and answer documents
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders (e.g., government agencies, other association groups, non-governmental organizations)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in chemical regulatory compliance preferred
- Project management experience essential
- Office experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Confidence, flexibility, and emotional intelligence
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to B&C’s Telecommuter Policy.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Location: Washington, D.C., with flexible telework options or fully remote.
BCCM is the consortia management affiliate of B&C, a Washington, D.C., law firm focusing on conventional, biobased, and nanoscale industrial, agricultural, and specialty chemical product approval and regulation, product defense, and associated business issues. B&C and BCCM help companies that make and use chemicals and products with chemical components commercialize their innovations, maintain compliance, and achieve competitive advantage as they market their products throughout the world. See much more at our websites: www.bc-cm.com and www.lawbc.com.
We hire professionals who are passionate about what we do and how we serve our clients. We understand that to be the best, we must hire the best and remove all obstacles to success. Our philosophy is to offer salary and benefits to ensure you need only worry about the important work for our clients.
B&C is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from members of historically underrepresented communities. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Your submission must include a resume and cover letter with:
- An explanation relating your experience with the job requirements; and
- An illustration of your own competencies and abilities relative to the requirements of this role.
For consideration, please supply your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.