B&C Consortia Management, L.L.C. (BCCM) appreciates the time constraints of consortium members and strives to lessen the administrative and management burdens for participating members. BCCM understands the necessity of timely and accurate communications among consortium members. To ensure all consortium members are aware of news and developments affecting their chemicals and have timely access to key documents, BCCM offers a range of support services tailored to facilitate internal and external consortium communication needs.
BCCM’s communications support services allow consortium members to focus on the substantive issues most pertinent to their needs, rather than on technical and organizational issues. BCCM provides communication services ranging from staffing meetings to sending informational updates. These services include the following:
- Provide antitrust counsel and staff conference calls, web conferences, and annual meetings;
- Develop and maintain an e-mail list serve for internal communications;
- Research and track significant regulatory, scientific, and legal issues relevant to the consortium’s needs and long-term goals;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, or less frequent updates;
- Prepare a list of chemical lists, summarizing all federal, state, and international lists on which the chemical is included;
- Alert consortium members promptly of relevant industry/government developments;
- Design and maintain public and private websites;
- Update public and private website content as necessary;
- Serve as a clearinghouse for the amalgamation of what would otherwise be competitively sensitive information;
- Develop professional brochures, advertising, promotional, and other informational materials (i.e., position statements, best practice guides);
- Provide scientific and regulatory counsel;
- Prepare comments;
- Coordinate and monitor testing activities;
- Prepare requests for proposals and negotiate contracts with laboratories;
- Develop product defense strategies, including: draft press releases and related documents, formulate responses to media and other inquiries, and prepare question and answer documents;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), other user groups, Congress, and related entities;
- Prepare for meetings with EPA and/or Congressional delegations; and
- Prepare for EPA site visits.
The services listed above are not comprehensive; more information can be provided upon request. We emphasize that the communication services offered by BCCM are flexible, and can be adapted to a particular consortium’s needs.